Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sick Days and Strange Things

I may not be blogging much this week because I've come down with a nasty chest cold. On top of that, it's snowing again. I know people in warm climates get colds, too, but I think it feels much worse to be sick when it's cold and snowy out.

Maybe I'm a little loopy on Robitussin (though it's the kind without the booze in it), but I keep seeing oddly humorous things today. Take this registration card that I just found on my desk for a Ch-ch-ch-chia pet, which I received in December of 2006:



First of all, how the heck did this find its way to my desk today, being a year old? Secondly, why would anyone need to register their Chia Pet? This is not a major appliance. It's not even a coffee maker. Anyway, I love how one of the choices under "Why did you purchase/receive this Chia?" is "companionship". That's sad. In my case, I got it in a blind gift exchange, and it brought me no companionship, only green furriness. Behold:

Furry Chia Piggy

I still have the pig and some of the seeds in my junk drawer. I wonder if I should start it up again?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Feel better.

Now you know bunches of other things you can do with your Chia Pet. And you thought it was only decorative. ;-)

Courtney Suzanne said...

Oh, don't tempt me...