Monday, January 14, 2008

Mondays

I'm not feeling to great today, as I have another migraine. That's the second one in three days. I used to only get migraines a few times a year, but now I'm getting them monthly, sometimes twice a month or more. Ugh. I'm also feeling a little down...could it be SAD? At least it's a sunny day here, which are few and far between, but with zero degree wind chills, it's not likely I'll be soaking up the sun. Wow, that would make a really good Cheryl Crow song.

There's some question whether I'll have enough people to have my knitting class, which is scheduled to start tomorrow. I'm a little worried about it. To make things worse, I read an article today talking about how knitting classes are dying off:

"I teach all the knitting classes at Make," Rupp said, "and it's really dropped off because everyone knows how. People have kind of mastered it, and they want the next thing. It's crazy how many people want to learn to use a sewing machine."
I can't imagine that everyone who wanted to learn to knit has already learned. At the shop, people still come in saying they'd like to learn how to knit or crochet, so I know it's not a completely dead "trend".

I finished up some new jewelry over the weekend, and I'll post pictures as soon as the death metal concert in my head stops. I've also been updating my Ravelry page with older projects, if anyone's interested.

No comments: