Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Knitting Patterns I'm Loving Right Now

For those of you who don't knit, you might as well go back to checking your email, playing online sudoku, or whatever else you were doing, because this post is only about getting your knit on.

For those who are still with me, today is one of the four (OK, EIGHT counting the surprises) times of the year that I get a bit giddy: the new Knitty is up. Hooray!

I have to say, even tho' I have no kiddies of my own, I still love knitting baby things: they are small, usually quick, and very adorable. Spring '08 Knitty is abundant with baby and kiddie stuff, and they have not disappointed me!

My favorites from this issue:

Knob Hill


Talia

This surprises me, because I'm not generally a vest person. (My sophomore high school photo notwithstanding, as it was the 90's, and that's what you did.)


Lace Ribbon Scarf

When the designer mentioned The Sartorialist in her description, I yelled "YES!" in my head. I was thinking the same thing!


Mosey

Legwarmers with pom poms! Why didn't I think of this?

...and, finally, OMG:

Spirogyra

This is the perfect thing to make with the fabulous alpaca yarn from theHollywood Hills Boutique! (We got this in our gift bags at the last knitting retreat. It came undyed with an invite to hand-dye it at a workshop in August.)

I was watching the rather frightening Lion Brand fashion show online yesterday (see the video below, if you want a laugh). Most of the stuff was not my style, but I did find a sweater that I must make:
Extra Easy, Extra Fabulous Sweater
(You'll probably need to register for free to see this pattern.) This one had me at the buttons, but seeing how easy the pattern is and that it's made of bulky yarn sold it. I just need to get my hands on enough Thick & Quick to make it.

Lastly, this Etsy shop was listed in the "Cool Stuff" section of the new Knitty, and I wish I'd thought of creating these stitch markers first. Genius! God, I hate kitchener stitch, that necessary evil.

Here's that fashion show I mentioned. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

ooh cute stuff. So how many pairs of fingerless gloves do you think are too many?