Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crazy Weather and Christmas Procrastination

This week, we had a day where the weather went from the upper 40's in the morning to -1 degree that night. I am happy to report I walked the dogs before it hit zero, but it still wasn't very warm. We had -25 degree wind chills yesterday, so the dogs did not get their walk. I'm sorry, but if they don't want to spend more than 2 minutes in the back yard, I'm certainly not taking them out for a 20+ minute walk, no siree. They don't seem too depressed, though I wonder how long I can keep this up. It is snowing like crazy right now AND in the teens, so I'm not sure if it will be walking weather tonight, either.

The dogs found the Christmas pile stash this week and have already absconded with two presents. We got smart and put the rest in a safe location, but with this weather, I'm sorely tempted to open the rest of them just to keep them entertained. Someone needs to invent a Wii for dogs or something, because I have a feeling the big one will start a muntiny soon.

I have not sent out any Christmas cards yet. I haven't bought a single gift yet, either. I don't know if it's really procrastination or just being too busy with other priorities. I know I'm not alone in this, either, as people I've talked to have found a kinship with me when they reveal that they, too, have not bought anything yet. I think a lot of gift cards will be given out this year, not that that is a bad thing. E-cards, anyone?


I've tried to update my sidebar links today, but the Amazon books would load properly. I just finished reading Coraline (the novel, not the graphic novel) by Neil Gaiman. It's the first book of his I've read, and I enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to see the movie in February.


A bunch of light bulbs in the house have gone out this week. They were compact fluorescent, too. Coincidence? Nothing like changing a porch light in below-zero weather at night!


I just downloaded two Christmas albums off iTunes which I am enjoying: A Colbert Christmas and The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs. I have to admit I downloaded the Enya album (And Winter Came), too, and it's pretty good.

If I don't blog before then, Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: