Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Back!

...and I'm exhausted. I was all ready to twitter through the trip, but I think we over-planned a bit, and I just didn't have the time or energy to update it. We went to Chicago for two days, then drove to St. Louis on the third day, and stayed there until Sunday when we drove straight back home. The reason I'm so pooped:

  • Attended to two White Sox games (1 loss, 1 win)
  • Bought just under $300 worth of new wardrobe from H&M (and that can buy a lot, let me tell you)
  • Visited no less than 14 places in one day in Chicago, on foot, with blisters
  • Ate french fries every day (sometimes twice!) for a week
  • Shopped University City in St. Louis and ate the most enormous hamburger EVER.
  • Ate at Ted Drewes twice
  • Went up the arch for the second time in my life (still underwhelming, IMHO)
  • Toured the Cardinals Museum, Bowling Museum, and AKC Museum of the Dog (boring, really boring, O.K.)
  • Got some kind of stomach flu, and still managed to visit two museums, ride the Arch AND go to the Union Station mall the next day, mostly on foot.
...and that was just Thursday! (I kid.) Those are just the highlights (and lowlights, I guess), so you can see why I requested we try taking a vacation involving a lot of napping and doing nothing next time. Yes, I know the next vacation will probably be the big U.K. honeymoon we are planning, but I'm thinking with my feet right now, and they're worn out.

If I ever get out of the mound of dirty laundry we've brought home, I'll be uploading pictures soon. I'm focusing on getting Buddy Baroo re-adjusted back to a homelife without Mr. Beau (more on that later), getting my digestive system back to normal, and preventing the weight gain from the horrendous diet I just cosumed last week.

2 comments:

Minion GIR said...

Hey, if your feet are in that bad a shape, you might not have to worry about weight gain. That's one of the good things about a busy vacation.

Big UK trip sounds awesome. Did the Scotland and Ireland thing several years ago and will get back one of these days. One of these days soon if at all possible.

Courtney Suzanne said...

I think I would have had to run a marathon on the trip to work off all the junk I ate!

I've never been to Europe before, so I am very excited about going to the UK. I have a feeling it will be even more exhausting than this trip was, however!