Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Economy and Haircuts, plus Twittering with Mad Men

This economy is causing me to consider growing my hair out so I don't have to get those $50 haircuts every month. Yes, you heard me, $50 every 5 weeks. This whole thing started years ago with a $30 haircut, but my stylist has raised his rates faster than inflation, and I've finally got him trained on how to cut my hair (which is cowlick city), so I fear going to anyone else. No Fantastic Sam's for me, thankyouverymuch. I really don't like having long hair. My hair is very thick and wavy, and once it gets longer than my shoulders, a ponytail will weigh so much that I get headaches. I actually got my first professional haircut, at the age of 9, for that very reason. Still, I am considering it. Damn you, Suze Orman!

Thanks to TwitKit, I have a nice little updating sidebar on my Firefox browser, which makes Twittering a breeze. I have found a lot of interesting feeds to keep up with, including "michael_bay" and pretty much all the characters in Mad Men. Yes, I know these are just average schmoes pretending to be the characters, but it's fun to see their interpretations.

No comments: